In the realm of destination weddings, Bali stands out as a jewel in the crown. Its breathtaking landscapes, serene beaches, and vibrant culture provide the perfect backdrop for couples seeking an unforgettable celebration of love. Amidst this enchanting paradise, wedding planners in Bali emerge as the sorcerers who weave dreams into reality. A wedding planner in Bali is not merely a coordinator...
The UK is one of the top destinations to visit for the people of the UAE. Maybe it’s the weather, the food, the different attractions, or the people, there’s something about the UK that draws a lot of people from the UAE. So, if you too are from the UAE and are looking to visit the UK, you must start by getting a visa. The following information will guide you on the UK visa requirements for UAE residents:
Electronic Visa Waiver
The good news for UAE citizens is that they do not require a visa to get into the UK. They can be eligible for something called an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW). The EVW allows you to stay in the UK for a period of up to 6 months for tourism. It also allows you to come to the UK for study, business, or medical treatment. You can apply for the EVW 3 months or 48 hours before your travel date, but it is important that you do apply as early as possible.
To apply for EVW, you need:
- A valid passport. Your passport needs to have a validity of 6 months or more from the date of your travel.
- Address of the place or person with whom you will be staying in the UK. If you are staying in a hotel, provide details of your reservations.
- Your detailed itinerary.
- Details of your departure, including the details of your return tickets.
Other countries whose citizens are eligible for the EVW are Qatar, Kuwait, and Oman.If you are not a permanent citizen of UAE and are just residing there temporarily, you will be required to apply for a UK visa another way.
To apply for a UK visa the traditional way, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport:Your passport needs to have a validity of 6 months or more from the date of your travel. Also, ensure that your passport has a few blank pages for you to get stamps from the immigration department.
- Passport-size photographs: There are certain conditions that your picture must fulfil. Your picture must be recent. Anything older than 6 months is not acceptable. Your face must be properly visible and the background of the pictures must be white. 2 pictures are enough, but it’s better if you have a few spare ones.
- Proof of finance: You have to show that you have the financial abilities to repurchase tickets and travel back home. You can submit details of your bank account transactions for the last six months or you can submit your payslips for the last 6 months. Both documents are eligible.
- Travel and accommodation details: If you are going to the UK through an invitation, you will need to submit the details of the person inviting you and the official invitation letter. If you are going on your own, you can submit your itinerary, details of your hotel reservations, and details of your return tickets.
- A visa application form: All the above-mentioned documents have to be attached with the visa application form which is available online or at the UK consulate in your country.
- Visa fees: During the time of submission, you have to pay a certain non-refundable amount as your visa fees. Your visa application won’t go ahead without this.
- COVID vaccine certificate: The UK requires you to be vaccinated before you enter the country; so, you will have to attach your vaccine certificate. But since the UAE is one of the few countries to achieve complete vaccination, it should not be a problem.
Once all the required documents have been submitted with the visa application, you will be called in for an interview and you will also be asked to submit your biometric information. The interview is fairly simple where the agent will ask you a few questions. Give clear, honest answers and you will be okay. Once this process is done, you will have your visa in a few days.
Here are some of the questions you might be asked during your UK tourist visa interview. There are also some generic answers that you can only use as a reference to formulate your own answers.
What is the purpose of your UK visit?
Mention that you are a tourist and give the details of your tour and itinerary. Make sure it matches your official itinerary if you have submitted it as one of your documents for your visa.
Where will you be staying?
Mention details of your accommodation.
Do you have family or friends in the UK?
If yes, just mention a few details of your family and friends residing in the UK.
Have you been to the UK before?
If yes, give details of your previous UK trip.
Use the above-given information as a guide to get your UK visit visa. The UK is one of the best places in the world to visit. Many people in the UAE have the UK as their dream destination for their holiday, and the place is truly worth all the hype.