Car Rental Vancouver
A car rental Vancouver from Enterprise Rent-A-Car is perfect for road trips, airport travel, or to get around town on the weekends. Visit one of our many convenient neighborhood car rental locations in Vancouver or rent a car at Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
Finding a rental car in Vancouver is a piece of cake. Hop onto Expedia’s simple booking tool to select your dates and perfect car match, and your rented ride locked in just like that. Now it’s time to pick up a new pair of sunglasses for the ride and book a hotel in the heart of Vancouver.
Top Tips For Renting A Car In Vancouver
- The North Shore mountain range provides a picture perfect backdrop to the city of Vancouver — visiting them during your travels is a must. Renting a car will give you the ability to access the mountain range and a long list of adventure activities. Having a car will give you the ability to go skiing or snowboarding on the world-renowned Cypress Mountain, or explore the spectacular views that hikes across Grouse Mountain and Mount Seymour have to offer.
- Picking up a rental car at Vancouver International Airport (VIA) could not be simpler; rental company counters are located next to the baggage claim at both the Main and South terminals. VIA is conveniently located only 9 miles from downtown and you will arrive after approximately 30 minutes of driving.
- Distances and speed limits are measured in kilometers throughout Canada, so be careful and adjust your driving to suit. Vancouver has numerous flashing green traffic lights, which mean you have the right to drive through the intersection but must approach cautiously and yield to pedestrians who may be crossing. Many cyclists are present on Vancouver roads, so it’s important to keep an active eye on your blind spots. Keep in mind that across the city there are some roads with separated bike lanes and roads where lanes are shared; be mindful in both situations to provide cyclists with a safe amount of room.
- Like most major cities, rush hour in Vancouver can be frustrating and it is wise to avoid major arterial roads or driving altogether between 5 pm and 7 pm. Traffic can be especially bad on West Georgia Street in the evening and it is advisable to seek an alternative route. Also keep in mind that the bridges of Vancouver, such as the Alex Fraser, can clog up with congestion during peak times and, due to their narrow entries and exits, take a long time to open up again.
Vancouver Adventures by Car
Browse our inventory for a smaller car that makes parking a cinch, or get behind the wheel of a truck or SUV that can accommodate shopping bags or sporting equipment in the back – Expedia knows how to fit your travel needs in the market for a low-cost car rental after they’ve landed at Vancouver International. Our fleet consist of cars and trucks for everyone from independent travelers to huge groups. When you book Vancouver rental cars with Expedia, your selections include:
- Hybrid automobiles featuring excellent fuel consumption for exploring Vancouver in an eco-friendly ride
- Large vans with ample space for your entire family or travel group
- Sporty convertibles for warm-weather getaways that call for cruising with the roof down
- Luxury sedans boasting features such as leather seats and smart technology for a top-of-the-line road experience
Day Trips From Vancouver, BC
Whistler: Whistler is one of the world’s premiere snow sports and mountain biking destinations. Located 120km from Vancouver along the picturesque Sea-to-Sky Highway, this resort town is a haven for people who love extreme sports. Snowboarding, skiing and snowshoeing are some of the most popular activities in winter — while in summer you can hike, mountain bike or go wild swimming.
Grouse Mountain: Grouse Mountain offers spectacular views over the city of Vancouver. In winter, the mountain becomes a popular ski resort — and in summer, tourists flock here to zipline, see the resident grizzly bears (named Grinder and Coola) and watch the Lumberjack Show. Popular with locals, the Grouse Grind is not to be missed if you are an avid hiker. Find out how quickly you can climb 853 metres along the 2.9 kilometre path.
Squamish: Squamish is an outdoor-lover’s paradise. You can hike, climb or boulder the Stawamus Chief — a 700-metre granite monolith. The Howe Sound is the perfect place to try kitesurfing, paddle-boarding and windsurfing, while the mountain biking trails in Squamish are second only to those in Whistler. For those who want a less strenuous day out, take the Sea-to-Sky gondola 885 metres above sea level. From the top, you can marvel at the views or enjoy a craft beer at the Howe Sound Inn.
Cheap Car Rental Vancouver
If you are travelling for a corporate event or a special occasion, you will want a luxury car rental in Vancouver. However, don’t think that luxury always means expensive. Thanks to our Best Price Guarantee, you can find amazing discounts on all vehicles by booking right here through Expedia. You will also find Vancouver flight deals and great prices on Vancouver hotels, whether you prefer a comfortable chain or a quaint boutique. Book your Vancouver vacation package and car rental today.
Convenience is essential when it comes to arranging your travel plans. When you’re flying to Vancouver, don’t waste time at the airport by waiting in long lines for cabs or trying to figure out bewildering bus routes. Instead, reserve your Enterprise car rental at YVR airport today and be on the road as soon as you have your rental car keys in hand. Meaning once you’ve hit the tarmac, you can head to the Enterprise rental counter and pick up your Enterprise car rental from Vancouver Intl..
Enterprise Car Rental Vancouver
Convenience is essential when it comes to arranging your travel plans. When you’re flying to Vancouver, don’t waste time at the airport by waiting in long lines for cabs or trying to figure out bewildering bus routes. Instead, reserve your Enterprise car rental at YVR airport today and be on the road as soon as you have your rental car keys in hand. Meaning once you’ve hit the tarmac, you can head to the Enterprise rental counter and pick up your Enterprise car rental from Vancouver Intl.